I’m Stephen Stanton and I have a growing desire to make computers and technology way more accessible to the average person. What I am willing to do is, replace the frustration that you and your friends probably feel way too often.I will change this with the sense of amazement and confidence that you should feel every day.Fill out the contact form and I will do my best to answer any of your questions.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Adding a start menu to windows 8



      You have purchased a new computer, and you are now faced with the Start Screen. Does this leave you wondering how to go back in to the Start Menu. The Start Screen has most of the functionality of the old Start Menu, and some new. It takes up the whole screen, has massive icons, and is different from what we know and love.  How do I to get the old one back. Microsoft has removed the code for the classic Start Menu from Windows 8 once and for all. However there are many programs out there.

      Today I’m going to tell you about  Classic Shell, which offers a Start Menu .Shell is a free, open source, customizable Start Menu replacement that can also log you directly into the desktop.

      The first step is to download Classic Shell. You can get the latest version by going to: http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/files/latest/download

Just follow the down load instructions.  Hope this is helpful. If you run into problems,leave a comment and I will try to help you through it

No comments:

Post a Comment