I’m Stephen Stanton and I have a growing desire to make computers and technology way more accessible to the average person. What I am willing to do is, replace the frustration that you and your friends probably feel way too often.I will change this with the sense of amazement and confidence that you should feel every day.Fill out the contact form and I will do my best to answer any of your questions.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack ...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Hackers have stolen usernames and passwords for nearly two million accounts at Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo and others, according to a report released this week.

Data breach was a result of key-logging software maliciously installed on a number of computers around the world, researchers at cyber security firm Trustwave said. The virus was capturing log-in credentials for key websites over the past month and sending those usernames and passwords to a server controlled by the hackers.
On Nov. 24, Trustwave researchers tracked that server, located in the Netherlands. They discovered compromised credentials for more than 93,000 websites.This sort of hacking continues to happen on a daily bases.Hackers attack your data base by using sql injections to figure out your password, banking information etc.What can we do about it?The best advice that I can give you is to change your password every month or
two.Don't use the same password for all your accounts.This makes it too easy for hackers to get all of your information.My next post I will talk about what sql injections are.

Some of this information was taken from this web site: money.cnn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment